CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Cochorit

Soon after breakfast today we headed out on an hour and a half trek to Cochorit. It's a beach just outside of Empalme. I had already been to San Carlos which is on the other side of the bay, but this was a great beach. The weather was a bit cooler (~30) than in Hermosillo and the wind was up, but there was no stopping my splotchy burn (and yes mom I did apply sunscreen more than once).

Alison and I both ordered my favourite (fried fish) while the rest had shrimp ceviche, diablo and garlic... yum!

Us gals all went swimming and it was perfect. I couldn't believe the temperature of the water! Like, really. Never again will I call Cassidy lake as warm as bath water, cause it just isn't true. Sammy kept himself busy with skimboarding and leaping over anything he could find... hayyyyyyyyyyyyya!

While Alison read a book, the rest of us went for a walk along the beach in search of a lagoon that we were told about, with no success :( However, there was a dead eel we poked "ask the biologist" (if I hear that one more time...) and lots of shells to collect.

On our way home, we stopped at an Oxxo (typical) and noticed Mexico's very own KFC ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet chair jumping skills
    cool photo!
    jealous of your shell collecting & sunshine

    ReplyDelete