CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It wasn't just the groundhog that was hibernating...

I just wanted to confirm that I am alive but have been a bit occupied over the last weekend with a event to be posted later on. As for right now, here are the events from last weekend when mom and dad came to visit :)
We had a wonderful visit and I felt quite selfish and special when they drove through that nasty Friday storm to make it to Halifax. We just relaxed and visited and dad quickly bonded with the kids, especially Ellen. He gave a sneak-peek of being a granddad, although it will be a long time before then ;)

The next morning, Esther made a fabulous breakfast and then we headed off to the market. Mmmm... I love the market and don't go near enough, so it was great to be able to visit the "new" location with mom and dad. It's a very different layout from the old one, but still wasn't too much of a disappointment. We found some yummy goodies and of course dad saw someone he knew (this will never cease to amaze me!)

We originally were planning to skate on the Oval (created for the 2011 Canada Games to be held in just over a week) , but the absolutely freezing weather conditions proved that we were wimps and we skipped out. We decided to visit the Hydrostone Market instead. I have been dying to take mom and dad there since I originally had a custom text created at Rusty Hinges for mom's 50th. Then after a few shopping stops and a nap, we met up with Marilyn and Reuben who were in town for a wedding show and Reuben's cousin Lauren at my favourite Greek restaurant in Halifax: Opa.

Mom and dad stuck around for Sunday and we headed over to Dartmouth for lunch at mom's university friend (and a third of the reason of my middle name) Heather's home. It was great visiting with the kids too who I can't believe how old they are getting! After Gospel meeting we enjoyed some time with the Morton's with yummy goodies included. Monday morning seemed to come so quickly, but Sussex day's meeting is coming up in a few weeks so I'll be able to see mommy and daddy again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment